Sunday, October 07, 2007







Todays pictures:

1. Tabgha-place where Jesus reinstates Peter after Peter's denial and Christ's resurrection by asking him over a charcoal breakfast on the beach at the Sea of Galilee "Do you Love me?" This was the most moving spiritually for me. It was very quiet and early morning when we were there. This has been a favorite so far. I got some sand and stone from the beach...though it is VERY rocky.

2. Me on top of Tel Hazor. This was a LARGE Cananite fortress and city that is on top of a mountain/hill. This was one of the places that Joshua conquers into to bring the Israelites into the Promise Land. VERY OLD SITE.

3. This is an even older site. It is under escavation right now so not much to look at but this is a Gate that is quite possibly one Abraham walked through on his way from Ur.

I got great sleep last night and no stomach problems today...so I am doing much better. My little boy Sawyer is sick with a fever and diarhea though so please prayer for him and all those caring for both my children. I miss them so much.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I am really enjoying following your journey through pictures. My very dear friend David is in Nazareth right now as well. Are you there just touring around, or will you be taking any classes or anything?
(This is Stephanie's friend by the way, I followed a link from her page)

Brooke said...

i am glad to hear that you are feeling better. it has been such a blessing to see your photos, and actually put a picture with the places i have read of for years.