Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Okay so I can't post pictures cause it won't work at this hotel. And I spell terrible anyway but worse on an arabic keyboard.

Yesterday I swam in the Jordan rivier as it turned to dark. We had a remember your baptism service in the water too. It was so cool. The river is really small about the size of the Cahaba River in Helena, Alabama. It normally is shallow but we found a deep spot and I dove right in clothes and all. It was great. Today I am in the country of Jordan (for the next two days) and we are visiting some Old Testament sites. Like where David sent Uriaha to be on the front lines of the battle so that he could marry Bathsheba. Tomorrow we are going to Nebo where I think Moses died, then down to Petra which is known for its beautiful sandstone. Jordan is different feeling that Israel. It is 98% muslim. GREAT food. I have not enjoyed the Kosher Israeli food, but like the Arabic food. It is a very different place though. it is so hot here and NO ONE wears shorts...except us.

I'll sned pictures when i can...I am heading to dinner and to listen to some Arabic music.

BYE

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi, Just wanted to let you know I'm checking this every day. I'm enjoying hearing about your trip.

Cindy said...

me too!

Liz said...

me three!!