Monday, October 13, 2008



Today we began at 5:30am with our fist game drive. My camera battery holder fell off and was lost so that I had to hold the battery in with the same hand I shot with. I ran out of tape in the cam corder and I got a terrible nose bleed...even with all that I managed to spot 6 or 7 of the animals we saw...everyone says I have a gift for seeing the animals...oh and I didn't even have my glasses on :) Within the first five minutes I spotted elephants (my favorite). We think we may have even have seen a lion very far off. So even though it began rough with all that happened to me it ended well...I even found my battery lid to the camera in the room...whew!!! I am trying to decide if I want to take a safari in a hot air balloon...it is quite expensive, but possibly a once in a life time opportuntiy...also many are aware I am NOT a risk taker and they go quite high in the sky. SO I am a little afraid.
The animals are a nice break from all the thinking and squalling we have been doing. Yesterday i sat through one of the most convicting, excellent sermons I have heard. Hopefully I am getting a copy of it before I leave. It was about how we can be so double minded...wanting to please GOd and wanting to please the world. Loving money and loving Jesus. The preacher even said in the sermon," i confess, I do truly want to preach a good sermon for Christ and the kingdom, but I also want to preach well so that you will think I am a good preacher." You could hear a guteral sigh from our row...as we are all preachers who identified well with that example. It also touched me on a different level of feeling doubleminded about wanting to do two things well...be a good mother and be a good minister.

Steve I wish you were here. Seeing the animals would be so much fun with you. Where we are staying is nice enough to be a honeymoon spot. Great food, and nice facilities. I am trying hard to take good pictures for you. I keep thinking that if I can take nice enough pictures, then that is what we can frame for our wall art in the den. I really miss you not being here...we must come again. The babies in due time would enjoy this as well. It is really exciting looking for animals. The predators are hard to find though cause they sleep and hide in shade during the day. We will go out tonight to see if we can spot them.

I'll write more when I get some more time. Glad to be here, but i can't wait to get home!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm ready for you to be home too!

What an incredible opportunity.

(this is Stephanie, not Brian.)

carolty said...

Steph,
The photos are so good. They look professional. Love the elephant!
I'm so glad that you are having this experience. What a wonderful opportunity! We have really enjoyed reading about it, and seeing the pictures.
We miss you.
Love,
Mom